how do you measure 6 months?
- 1/4 of my way done with service.
- seeing my coworker’s burgeoning belly blossom from the second trimester into the third trimester.
- people calling out, “seño taylor! corre corre corre!”
- having people ask how I’m doing and genuinely mean it.
- making friendships.
- taking care of my mental well being.
- feeling aloof yet connected at the same time.
- being able to ride a camioneta in relative calmness.
- communicating my feelings clearly and honestly — this has been a challenge in the last 6 months, but i’ve been able to do it with as I’ve gained more confianza
- seeing the world in different eyes.
- working through my insecurities about the uncertainty of what is ahead in my service.
- trying to understand what life is like in the states from what i can grasp from Facebook.
- feeling at home in my house for the first time.